Home
  Our Mission
  Calendar
  Meal Calendar
  Latest Newsletter
  Teachers/Staff
  Parental Choice
  Snow Days
  Photo Gallery
  History
  Contact
  Forms
  Registration
  Student Handbook
  Map
 
  Area Churches
 
 
 

 

 

 

 

New Page 1

History of MJA

Milwaukee Mission School began in the 1890's. It was a one classroom school located on the first floor of a two-story home that also housed the German and English Seventh-day Adventist congregations. Toward the end of World War II the school relocated to 29th Street and was renamed Milwaukee Junior Academy. The school's legal name is Milwaukee Seventh-day Adventist School.

In 1970 the school was moved to its present location at 10900 W. Mill Road. The physical plant consists of carpeted classrooms, a spacious gymnasium, sunlit cathedral lobby overlooking a well equipped cafeteria and administrative offices. Its 9.5 acres site provides students beautiful lawns, large playing fields, and a quiet country-life setting.

Accreditation: Milwaukee Junior Academy is accredited by the Board of Regents of the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists and the National Council for Private School Accreditation. Evaluations of the educational program are conducted by the Lake Union and Wisconsin Conference Offices of Education. Full evaluations are conducted every five years. Interim visits are scheduled as needed.

Staff Qualifications: Teachers employed by the school have teaching certificates from the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists. Teachers may also hold other teaching certificates and advanced degrees from recognized universities